Keyboards come in all shapes, sizes and colours, so what is the best best computer keyboard? They can be wired or wireless, backlit, not lit, come with handwriting recognition, can be compact for easy travel – the market is changing all the time. A comfortable keyboard will not only help you carry out your work effectively but with the latest choice of ergonomic designs they will also look after your hand and wrist welfare.
Have a look at some of the current keyboards on offer and choose what is right for you.
Things to consider:
- Connection – USB or wireless
- Length of cable/range of Wi-Fi
- Ergonomic or standard style
- Backlit or non-backlit
- Quick switch controls
- With or without accessories
There are many areas of setting up your office that you need to consider – have a look at other topics you may want to consider.
Logitech MK540 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows, 2.4 GHz Wireless with Unifying USB-Receiver, Wireless Mouse, Multimedia Hot Keys, 3-Year Battery Life, PC/Laptop, QWERTY UK Layout – Black
- Full-size wireless keyboard. Accuracy and reduced noise, palm rest, spill-resistant design, adjustable tilt legs
- The sleek spill-resistant combo comes with a wireless mouse; its ambidextrous shape, soft rubber side grips fit comfortably in your palm; enhanced tracking, precise cursor control
- The wireless keyboard and mouse come with long-lasting battery life, with the keyboard lasting up to 36 months, the wireless mouse for up to 18 months – depending on the usage
- Keyboard comes built with essential hot keys providing direct access to media, calculator, battery check functions
- Wireless – plug-and-play your keyboard and mouse with the mini Logitech Unifying USB-receiver, for a reliable and encrypted wireless connection up to 10 m away from your PC or laptop
- Compatible with: Windows 10 or later, Windows 8, Windows 7, Chrome OS.
- Seamlessly connect to three PCs. The two Bluetooth 5.0 and 2.4GHz wireless connection methods allow you to switch easily across your laptop, desktop or 2-in-1 with a click of a button.
- Instantly pair each device with your compatible Windows 10 system via Bluetooth without having to configure in Settings every time with Microsoft Swift Pairi. Compatibility with Windows, Chrome, Android and Mac provide maximum flexibility across all your devices.
- With a stunning 36 months of battery life, it lasts 3 times longer than its previous generation.
- Rapid responses via the 1600 DPI sensor helps you navigate effortlessly, especially across your high-resolution 4K screen. Its optical sensor offers accurate tracking and is ideal for use on most desk surfaces.
- Tilt the keyboard to your desired angle to type comfortably.
- Programme shortcuts for your keyboard and mouse for quick navigation to your preferred applications.
- 2.4G technology ensures that the connection of wireless keyboard and mouse is more stable.
- Plug and play set up.
- Ultra Slim Keyboard – only 1.2cm thickness.
- Rechargeable Keyboard and Mouse: up to180 hours continuous work after being fully charged. Standby time is 900 hours. The 2.4Ghz wireless mouse has replaceable 500 mAh battery for charging.
- Silent Keyboard and Mouse ensuring quiet working environment.
- Connection distance up to 10 metres.
- Fully compatible with PC / Laptop / Computer with Windows System.
- Comfortable low-profile keys and standard PC keyboard layout with full-size design allow for quiet and efficient typing.
- Whisper-quiet keys, sleek, streamlined, elegant and compact keyboard design.
- 7-color LED lighting effects.
- Ready-to-use right out of the box. Compatible With Windows 2000 / XP / 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista , Mac OS.
- 12 Hotkeys designed specifically for both Windows & MAC OS. Shortcuts let you do more with less effort.
- Ergonomic keyboard in black and grey design.
- The USB nano receiver connects keyboard and mouse vie plug and play.
- Compact design – main keyboard and numbers have 102 Keys, so shorter length allows more desktop workspace.
- Suitable For Windows, XP, Mac Os, Vista, Linux and other Systems – Note this is not suitable For IOS System. The 12 Hot Keys on the keyboard are compatible Windows system only.
- Lowest Volume Keyboard and Whisper Mute Mouse – suitable for home, library, conference room, café, etc.
So to recap
- Logitech MK540 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows, 2.4 GHz Wireless with Unifying USB-Receiver, Wireless Mouse, Multimedia Hot Keys, 3-Year Battery Life, PC/Laptop, QWERTY UK Layout – Black
If you are looking for comfort, precision and accuracy have a look at the Logitech MK540 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo. Suitable for left or right-handed individuals. The full-sized keyboard and mouse connects easily to media devices at distances of up to 10 meters. By using the small Logitech Unifying USB receiver, you get an instant plug-and-play connection.
- Dell Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard and Mouse – KM7120W – UK (QWERTY)
Great functionality allowing you to pair devices and programme shortcut keys for your keyboard and mouse, all with a long-lasting battery life.
- Jelly Comb Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo, 2.4G Wireless Rechargeable Keyboard and Mice Qwerty UK Layout with USB Receiver for PC, Laptop, Computer with Windows System, Black and Blue
Keenly priced slimline wireless keyboard and mouse. Just plug in and you are ready to go. Long-lasting battery life between charges. Good 10 metre range.
- B.FRIENDIT Aluminum Slim Backlit Keyboard Wired – UK Layout Compatible with Apple iMac, Macbook, Mac and PC, USB Keyboard Numeric Keypad RGB Backlit Key – Silver
Bfriendit offer a modern and stylish aluminum keyboard with 7-colour backlit options suitable for your home office. Hotkeys specifically for both Windows & MAC OS and shortcuts to let you do more with less effort. Offering a slim and quiet design.
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Set,FENIFOX 2.4G USB Slim QWERTY UK Compact Ergonomic Keyboard and mouse for Computer PC Laptop Windows Mac- Black Grey
This compact, ergonomic FENIFOX keyboard is shorter than your standard keyboard but still allows full connection and function to Windows systems. The wireless mouse is connected via USB nano receiver so no trailing cables over your desk.