Best Content Writing Tools (paid and free versions)
Whether you are working as a content writer, or just writing for your own pleasure, you will always want to produce something that is interesting to you and your readers. If you are a marketer however you will want your articles to keep customers engaged and ultimately generate leads – think of blog posts, paid ads, social media posts, and email marketing. However, constantly producing high-quality content can be difficult, and everyone can experience writer’s block from time to time. Thankfully there are some nifty tools out there to help you out of that rut. So, what are the best content writing tools?
One of the first things you can do when you are struggling to come up with new article ideas is to review your content strategy.
What is content strategy
Content strategy is simply a plan that you create to help you achieve your business goals. By planning a content strategy you ensure that you understand what your marketing goals are, how you are going to achieve them, and what tools or activities you need to require to complete to achieve them. Content strategy can be broken down into 3 manageable areas.
Why – what are you trying to achieve?
- Increased sales
- Driving organic traffic to your site
- Deliver more quality leads to your sales team
- Influence your readership
How – how are you going to achieve this?
- Create the articles yourself
- Hire a freelance writer
- Brainstorm ideas
- Conduct SEO research
- Create a timeline to follow progress
- Write the articles, edit and publicize
What – what do you need to achieve the above?
- SEO keyword research tool
- Analytics platform
- Calendar to keep track of progress
- Keep a note of the metrics you outlined in the first two stages.
- Check – has there been more organic going to your site? Has there been an increase in sales?
Great – you have worked out the content strategy, now let’s look at some of the best content writing tools.
Best Content Writing tools
The perfect program to compliment your business. Whether you are an agency, a freelancer, or a professional marketer, Jasper is one of the hottest new SaaS (software as a service) tools on the market.
Jasper AI allows the fast creation of content for blogs, websites, social media, and email marketing – in fact anywhere where you need words! Just add your topic and let Jasper do the work for you. So simple to use and this will definitely add value to your content.
Jasper offers 3 paid plans, prices as of July 2022 – you can also run a 5-day free trial with 10,000 words to see if it is right for you.
Special Offer: sign up using this link and get 10,000 bonus points.
- 50+ AI templates
- Support for 20+ languages
- Up to 5 users
- Chat support
- Everything in the starter plan plus
- Google Docs style editor
- Compose & Command features
- Maximum content lookback
- Increased limits on templates
- Grows with your team
- Priority chat support
Business – Quick overview includes
- Customer words/user package
- Manage limits per user
- Flexible billing options
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Onboarding & training session
- Premium technical support
ProWritingAid is more than just a writing tool as it is packed with a selection of great features as standard.
A powerful AI tool that offers world-class grammar and style checking. There is access to in-depth reports which will allow you to strengthen your writing. And access to unique suggestions, articles, videos, and quizzes will help bring back the fun of writing.
ProWritingAid offers a free plan, ProWritingAid Premium and ProWritingAid Premium Plus
- Report summary of key issues
- Writing reports
- Edit up to 500 words at a time
- Only available as an online editing tool
- All as listed in the free version
- No word limit
- Desktop version
- Integration for MS Word, Google Docs, Chrome and Scrivener
- All of the premium version
- 50 x plagiarism checks per year
- Perfect for academics
Frase allows you to research your competitors, create content, and write and optimize content all in one place. Frase is already used by 30,000+ content, SEO and marketing teams. A fantastic product that allows you to go from keyword to SEO-optimized article seamlessly.
The AI ‘Blog Introduction’ feature is especially useful for anyone struggling to start the writing process as it creates a 100-word introduction for you.
Frase offers 3 plan options (please check website for up-to-date pricing)
- 1 user
- 30 document credits
- 3 users (further extra users incur a monthly charge)
- Unlimited document credits
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited document credits
There are other paid add-ons available such as keyword search volume, SERP Data Enrichment and Frase AI Writer.
Access to the best content writing tools allows document creators the opportunity to produce fresh content, correctly punctuated, grammatically correct, and on topic. AI is definitely the way forward guys.