Which is the best external hard drive? We all dread the thought of losing precious data/images/work, so what is the best way to protect it? Choose the best external hard drive, be it SSD, HDD or even cloud storage?
SSDs are generally faster than HDDs, but they are also pricer. HDDs are cheaper to buy but won’t be quite as fast. You could also consider cloud storage which allows you to login and access your data from anywhere in the world.
Things to consider:
- Size of storage space
- Wireless/NFC options
- Memory cards or USB flash drives
There are many areas of setting up your office that you need to consider – have a look at other topics you may want to consider.
- Shockproof – Drop protection meets US Military (MIL-STD-810G) Standards
- Water-Resistant – IPX4 Splash Resistant from all angles for at least 5 minutes
- Cable Management Design – Brilliant wrap -around USB 3.0 cable storage design
- Works with PCs and Macs – Share data and files between different platforms
- Best Warranty – 3 years manufacturer warranty
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface
- Three-stage shock protection system
- One-touch auto backup button
- Offers Transcend Elite data management software and RecoveRx data recovery software
- Portable external hard drive for file backup
- Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0
- Works with Windows® and Mac® without needing to reformat
- Offers customised backup and file mirroring
- Powered by USB connection
- Includes 2-months Adobe CC Photography1 membership
- My Passport wireless Pro provides portable storage to allow easy offload, edit and streaming of photos or high-definition videos when you are on the go.
- Works seamlessly with mobile devices.
- SD card reader built-in.
- Strong Wi-Fi performance
- Equipped with an integrated SD 3.0 card reader.
- Portable – 10 hours of continuous battery use
- USB 3.1 Interface that works with PC, Mac, Linux
- IP68 Waterproof, tested for 60 minutes in 2 meter of water
- IP68 Military-Grade Shockproof MIL-STD-810G 516.6
- IP6X Dustproof
- 3 Year Warranty
So to recap
- Silicon Power 2 TB External Portable Hard Drive Rugged Armor A60 Shockproof Water-Resistant 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 , Military Grade MIL-STD-810G & IPX4, for PC/Mac/Xbox One/Xbox 360/PS4/PS4 Pro/PS4 Black
All-round protection in a tough durable enclosure. Water resistant and military-grade shockproof. Outstanding read/write speeds. Great for people on the move. Operating temperature 5℃-55℃.
- Transcend 2 TB Slim StoreJet 25M3S, Rugged External Hard Drive with Excellent Anti-Shock Protection and Lightning-Fast Transfer Speeds, Iron Grey
Rugged external hard drive combining supreme shock-resistant qualities with the USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface. Ultra-fast file transfers.
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable, 5 TB, External Hard Drive HDD, Black, USB 3.0 for PC Laptop and Mac, 1 yr MylioCreate, 4 month Adobe Creative Cloud Photography, 2 yr Rescue Services (STHP5000400)
A fantastic 5TB of space on this Backup Plus portable drive. One-click back-up on demand. You can schedule back-ups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Western Digital WD 4 TB My Passport Wireless Pro, Black
My Passport wireless Pro provides portable storage to allow easy offload, edit and streaming of photos or high-definition videos when you are on the go. Large 4TB of storages space.
- ADATA HD710 Pro 1TB USB 3.1 IP68 Waterproof/Shockproof/Dustproof Ruggedized External Hard Drive, Black (AHD710P-1TU31-CBK)
This compact, ergonomic FENIFOX keyboard is shorter than your standard keyboard but still allows full connection and function to Windows systems. The wireless mouse is connected via USB nano receiver so no trailing cables over your desk.