Best office chair
We sit on them daily but do we really ever consider if they are fit for purpose? So, how do you know what is the best office chair?
As more and more of us are spending time working from home, either full-time or part-time, the need to turn areas around our homes into office space is now a necessity. Look at your workspace and make sure it is as good as, if not better than, what you would be supplied with within an office environment.
Just remember, don’t fall into the trap of pulling up a dining room chair, or curling up on the sofa with your laptop. Remember, this type of seating is not designed for long hours of office work, or gaming, and will create a lifetime of backache and may even hinder your productivity.
So before you rush out to buy your home/office furniture spend some time considering how to set up a proper working environment. Only then will you be able to work out which is the best office chair for you.
- Comfortably designed this ergonomic office chair is intended for daily use for office work, or the gamers at home
- The breathable mesh fabric is wipeable so those coffee spills are not a problem
- With the option to raise or lower the seat you can set the height perfectly for the height of the user and the height of the desk
- The adjustable armrests and headrest means you can personalize the chair to your individual build
- Lumber support built-in to help with posture allowing you to work longer in comfort
- Maximum load-bearing weight of 150kg
- The nylon castors rotate on a 360-degree wheel allowing easy gilding away from the desk without feeling unstable
Editors Choice: $$$
Top product recommendation
Sihoo chairs are renowned for their ergonomic design allowing a better posture experience so you don’t end up suffering backache. Yes, they are a bit pricier than the more basic models but they have been scientifically designed with the end user in mind. Adjustable headrests, armrests, height adjustment, and lumber support mean you can remain at your desk for longer and be more productive.
Be prepared to spend around 30 minutes building up the chair. But once you have everything in place you can sit back and enjoy the chair.
- A chair that provides all-day comfort with a high back for added support
- Bonded leather upholstered seat and back made with Puresoft polyurethane allows cleaning of slight spills
- Adjustable features include a tilt mechanism ensuring you are in the correct position for either work or gaming
- The nylon smooth-rolling casters allow you to slide without the chair feeling unstable
- Share this chair with others – suitable up to a maximum load capacity of 275lb
- Choice of 3 colors so that will blend in with most office/home decor
- Suitable for home office use and gamers and looks stylish to boot
Editor’s Choice: $$
Best value product recommendation
If you need a chair for everyday office use, or as a gaming chair, you should have a look at this. The option to adjust, tilt, and lock into position means you can spend many hours at your desk. Choice of 3 colors means it will blend in with most decor. Good for the price.
Took a bit longer than expected to build and the screw alignment was a bit fiddly. But once you have them aligned they will tighten and hold the chair together.
Best value product
- Home office Desk chair with swivel arms so you can store the chair under your desk
- There is a choice of 3 colors available to compliment existing decor (black, gray, and white options available)
- Covered in high-quality materials the chair is breathable and can be wiped with a damp sponge
- Height adjustment via a pneumatic system
- Adjustable lumbar support ensures good posture
- Thick seating pad offering comfort allowing you to stay at your desk longer
- The chair has a 10cm lifting range allowing it to be adjusted for users tall and small and the reclining function is another nice touch
- High-quality PU surface feels pleasant to sit on and includes a breathable mesh to help combat sweating
- The material on this chair is waterproof, easy to clean, and can withstand light spillages
- The seat has extra thick padding for additional comfort allowing you to remain sitting for longer
- Ergonomic design and a highly molded back give more support to the waist and back along a more comfortable sit
- Strong and sturdy this chair is built to last
- Choice of 4 colors – add a bit of color into your life
- Once you have the screw holes aligned this chair is easy to assemble
So to recap
- SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair, High Back Desk Chair, Adjustable Headrest with 2D Armrest, Lumbar Support and PU Wheels, Swivel Computer Task Chair for Office, Tilt Function Office Chair, Black
High-back mesh ergonomic chair with adjustable armrests and outstanding lumbar support allows for back support throughout your working day. Okay, it may be a bit on the pricier end of the scale, but it does have a lot going for it.
- Amazon Basics Classic Puresoft Padded Mid-Back Office Computer Desk Chair with Armrest – Cream
Comfortable desk chair with upholstered seat and back – Puresoft polyurethane. Height-adjustable heavy-duty base and nylon smooth-rolling casters for great stability. Choice of 3 colors means it will blend with your existing styling. Suitable for home office use and gamers alike. Great for the price.
- Hbada Office Task Desk Chair Swivel Home Comfort Chairs with Flip-up Arms and Adjustable Height, White
A robust office chair with a pleasing ergonomic design. Adjustable height, reclining features, and lumbar support. Foldable armrests for easy storage allow a better working experience. Slightly pricy but looks good and operates well, so it might be worth considering.
- Play haha gaming/office chair -4 colors to choose from
High-quality PU surface feels pleasant to sit on. Easy to clean and now has extra thick padding on the seat for additional comfort. The ergonomic design of the high-back chair gives support to your spine allowing hours of work or gaming time without becoming uncomfortable. A great sturdy everyday chair and the price is pretty fair too.
Once you have a designated work area and have worked out what desk/table-top you are going to work from the next thing to consider is what you are going to sit on. Consider purchasing an ergonomic chair that allows you to adjust armrests. Or one on which you can lower or raise the height. Also, it should have a tilt function, and remember, don’t forget about lumber support. If you are going to spend a long time sitting in the chair also choose a chair that is covered with a material that is breathable.