Which is the best office shredder? A small but important piece of equipment you should consider purchasing when setting up your office is the office shredder.
Whatever your reason for wanting the best office shredder there will be something on the market (single cut, cross-cut) that will ensure your paperwork can be disposed of correctly.
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 10-sheet (A4 size 75g/m²) capacity, shredded paper measures 5x40mm; destroys staples/credit cards (one at a time)
- Auto start/stop and manual reverse to clear paper jams; Thermal protection system to protect motor from overheating
- 4-minute continuous run time with 40 minute cool down time
- 21 litres (5.5 gal) wastebasket capacity for less frequent emptying; transparent window helps you easily see when it is full
- Convenient handle design on the top housing for simple waste disposal
- Patented safety lock disables shredder
- Accepts 9 sheets per pass, cross cutting every part
- Security level P-4
- Shred staples, paper clips and credit/debit cards
- 18 litre b in(3.8 gal) with easy lift off head
- 5 minute shredding with 30 minute cool down.
- US patented cutter prevents paper jams
- Heavy duty machine
- Cross-cut takes a maximum of 14 sheets
- No need to remove staples or clips
- Also shreds credit cards.
- 5 minute running time and 30 minute cool down.
- Large 30 liter bin (6.6 gal) with portable handle and transparent window
- Shreds up to 12 sheets of 80gsm paper at once – Security level P-4
- Slot for shredding credit cards and small paper clips
- Non-stop 60 minute continuous run time.
- 22 liter (5 gal) waste bin
- Complete with 4 castors
- Anti jam auto-reverse to clear paper jams
- 6 to 12 sheet cutting models available.
- Turns cut paper into tiny confetti-like pieces
- Auto feed loader and manual feeder.
- Shreds paper, CDs, plastic credit cards, staples and paper clips.
- Auto shut off if overheating
- 60 minutes continuous run time on auto feed – 10 minutes manual followed by 45 minutes cool-down time.
- Extra large 38 liter (8.5 gal) bin
So to recap
- Bonsaii 10-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder Machine, 21-Litre Wastebasket Capacity with Transparent Window, Black(C209-D)
Bonsaii DocShred C209-D Paper Shedder’s simple features make it easy to use and perfect for your home office. It can shred all of your sensitive information from old tax records, bills to bank statements. C209-D can shred up to 10 sheets of paper (A4 size 75g/m ²) at a time into 5x40mm smaller particles than standard cross-cut.
- Fellowes 9C4 9-Sheet Powershred Cross-Cut Deskside Paper Shredder
Shreds 9 sheets per run through. Also safely shreds staples, paper clips and plastic credit cards. Shreds for up to 5 minutes with a 30 minute cool down time. 14 liter capacity (3.8 gal).
- Paper Shredder,VidaTeco 14-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with US Patented Cutter
US patented cutter prevents paper jams . Heavy duty machine. Cross-cut takes a maximum of 14 sheets. No need to remove staples or clips. Also shreds credit cards. 5 minute running time and 30 minute cool down. Large 30 liter bin (6.6 gal) with portable handle and transparent window.
- Aurora AU1210MA Professional Grade High Security 12-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper/ CD
Shreds up to 12 sheets of 80gsm paper at once – Security level P-4. Slot for shredding credit cards and small paper clips. Non-stop 60 minute. Continuous run time. 22 liter (5 gal) waste bin. Complete with 4 castors. Anti jam auto-reverse to clear paper jams.
- Amazon Basics 150-Sheet Autofeed Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
6 to 12 sheet cutting models available. Turns cut paper into tiny confetti-like pieces. Auto feed loader and manual feeder. Shreds paper, CDs, plastic credit cards, staples and paper clips. Auto shut off if overheating. 60 minutes continuous run time on auto feed – 10 minutes manual followed by 45 minutes cool-down time. Extra large 38 liter (8.5 gal) bin.
An office shredder is an essential piece of office equipment. There are large third party organisations that will come and take away your confidential waste and dispose of it appropriately, but generally that is only required by large corporate organisations.
Even though a lot of people now retain digital copies of their paperwork there is still a lot of clutter caused by piles of files, documents, receipts, etc. There may also be a legal requirement for you to dispose of confidential waste in an appropriate manner – think GDPR or non-disclosure agreements. With different levels of security P4, P5, etc. you should be able to find an office shredder that’s right for your document disposal.