Which is the best office shredder? Have you important documents in paper format that you need to dispose of? Think of things like bank statements, draft legal documents, or having to meet GDPR regulations. If you do then an important piece of equipment you should consider purchasing when setting up your office is the office shredder.
Whatever your reason for wanting the best office shredder there will be something on the market (single cut, cross-cut) that will ensure your paperwork can be disposed of permanently.
- Cross-cut paper shredder taking up to 18 Sheets in each run
- Fantastic 60 minute run time before cooling required
- Auto start/stop and manual reverse to easily deal with paper jams
- Low background noise level so it does not interfere with general office running
- Large 6 gallon wastebasket capacity so you don’t need to empty as often (as a rough guide this will be up to 400 shredded sheets of A4 paper)
- Transparent viewing let’s you easily see if waste bin is full
- 5 different models to choose from
Editor’s choice: $$$
Top product recommendation
A great work horse for anyone needing to permanently dispose of their sensitive documents. A fantastic 60 minute run time before cooling kicks in. The cross-cut will ensure that the documents are shredded so they cannot be retrieved.
Slightly pricey but a good unit for everyday office use. Smaller cut models are also available from this brand.
- US patented cutter prevents paper jams and helps ensure the shredder lasts longer
- Heavy duty machine with P-3 High-security rating
- Cross-cut takes a maximum of 14 sheets at a time
- No need to remove staples or clips as cross cut can easily deal with them
- Also shreds credit cards, CDs and thick junk mail
- 5 minute running time, although it will run longer until it shuts down for cooling
- Large top position 30 liter bin (6.6 gal) with transparent window
- Smaller model also available for home use
Editor’s choice: $$
Best value product recommendation
This shredder will safely let you dispose of your documents. And with the P-3 high security rating you can be satisfied that they are properly cross-cut and shredded. Not having to remove the staples or paper clips is handy, but I tend to remove them anyway.
The recommended run time of 5 minutes is short, but the machine does still work for longer and will stop automatically once it recognizes that it needs to cool down.
Suitable for use in a home office rather than a mainstream office with plenty of staff who generate way more paperwork.
Best value product
- Patented safety lock disables shredder
- Accepts up to 12 sheets A4 paper per run
- For enhanced security this shredder operates on Security level P-4 ensuring you can dispose of confidential documents safely
- No need to remove staples or paper clips as the cross cut can deal with those – as well as shredding credit/debit cards
- The pull out bin has a transparent window so you can easily see when it is full
- 15 minute shredding time before needing to cool down
- 2 models available
- 6 sheet up to 24 sheet models available
- Turns cut paper into tiny confetti-like pieces ensuring safe disposal of your documents
- Shreds to P4 security level – permanent destruction of your documents
- Auto feed loader and manual feeder.
- No need to remove staples and paper clips
- Easily shreds paper, CDs and plastic credit cards
- 40 minutes continuous run time before shutting down to cool
- Large disposal bin with transparent display window
- Shreds up to 12 sheets of 80gsm paper at once – Security level P4
- Slot for shredding credit cards and small paper clips
- Non-stop 5 minute continuous run time before stopping for cool down
- Large 5 gallon (2 liter) top handle waste with bin with transparent display
- Complete with 4 switches – auto/forward/reverse/forward to help with paper jams
- Great for home-office use due to its compact size
So to recap
- Bonsaii 18-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder for heavy office use
Bonsaii 18-sheet cross-cut shedder. This is a work-horse for the professional office or home-office use. With several models to choose from you can select what is right for you. Cross-cut up to 18 sheets at a time into small pieces ensuring they cannot be retrieved and read. Full one-year warranty is provided.
- Paper Shredder, VidaTeco 14-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with US Patented Cutter – heavy duty
US patented cutter prevents paper jams. The shredder has a P-3 high security rating and will cross-cut a maximum of 14 sheets at a time. Whilst there is no need to remove staples or clips I tend to remove them anyway. It also shreds credit cards. A bit short on run time – only 5 minutes recommended running time and 30 minute cool down. Easy to empty bin with portable handle and transparent window.
- Fellowes 12C15 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
Shreds up to 12 sheets on each run through. It can also safely shreds staples, paper clips and plastic credit cards so you don’t need to waste time removing them. Shreds for up to 15 minutes before the need to stop and let it cool down time. Good sized waste bin.
- Amazon Basics 18-Sheet Cross-cut Paper Shredder
6 to 18 sheet cutting models available. Turns cut paper into tiny confetti-like pieces. Good for disposing of documents, CDs, plastic credit cards, staples and paper clips. Auto shut off if overheating. 40 minutes continuous run time before cool-down time. Large waste bin.
- Aurora Anti-jam 12-Sheet Cross-cut paper shredder
Shreds up to 12 sheets of 80gsm paper at once and with security level P4 will shred your documents permanently. Small slot for shredding credit cards and small paper clips. Good run time before switching off to cool down. Large waste bin. Anti jam auto-reverse to clear paper jams.
An office shredder is an essential piece of office equipment. There are large third party organizations that will come and take away your confidential waste and dispose of it appropriately, but generally that is only required by large corporate organizations.
Even though a lot of people now retain digital copies of their paperwork there is still a lot of clutter caused by piles of files, documents, receipts, etc. There may also be a legal requirement for you to dispose of confidential waste in an appropriate manner – think GDPR or non-disclosure agreements, bank statements, credit card receipts, etc. With different levels of security P4, P5, etc. you should be able to find an office shredder that’s right for your document disposal.