Best audio transcription foot pedals
A digital foot pedal is an essential piece of equipment when undertaking audio transcription work, so we have put together some of the best audio transcribing pedals on the market for you to have a look at.
Foot pedal for transcriptionist – have a look and see which one suits you.
- Infinity USB digital foot control with computer plug.
- Sturdy and durable design and ultra-heavy-duty micro switches to ensure countless hours of trouble-free performance.
- The ergonomic design includes a wide, central, sloping Play pedal and the large size enables you to easily move your foot from the Play to Fast Forward or Rewind keys.
- This Infinity footpedal allows you to rest your foot comfortably while you are transcribing. Works with the following software which you must download separately: WinScribe, Bighand, Express Scribe and Chatterbox.
- Easily move your foot through the Play, Fast Forward and Rewind keys. This can be programmed to your preference.
- Express Scribe is professional audio Transcription software for PC or Mac
- Compatible with all Olympus Digital Voice Recorders, Philips Voice recorder, Sony voice Recorder and more.
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Foot control and headset included
- Works on Windows 7, XP, Vista and 8 and Mac OS X – 10.3 or above
- M4A, MSV. DVF, AMR, AIFF, MP4. MP3, WAV, WMA, DSS, AVI, MOV, WMV and much more
- Transcribe Audio, DVD & Video files. Technical Support Available
- Control any software with your feet.
- Professional high-end foot switch.
- Box contents: Olympus RS31H USB Foot Switch with 4 Pedals.
- The Olympus RS31H USB Foot Pedal with 4 Pedals – This Professional footswitch incorporates 4 buttons that easily control not only Olympus dictation management software (ODMS, DSS Player Standard, Sonority), but also your preferred third party software.
- No Software included. For use with Olympus Transcription Software only (AS-2400 or AS-7000 ), doesn’t work with Dictation Version or different Brand softwares
- The new ergonomic design of the foot switch provides much more comfort; hands-free control of all playback functions with minimal physical strain.
- Lightweight under-chin stereo headphones with excellent sound quality and soft ear pads for increased comfort
- Includes the SpeechExec Basic Transcribe software 2-year subscription
- Priority function allows priority to take urgent shots, not to miss important shots. Wizard can better manage tasks
- The transcription set can be seamlessly integrated into existing Philips digital dictation solutions.
- Olympus RS28H – USB foot pedal with 3 buttons allows you to control the software player in order to comfortably scribe while listening to the audio recording
- Playback audio formats: DSS PRO, DSS, WAV, WMA and MP3 (Note: Encrypted DSS Pro files not supported and DSS Player for Mac does not support WMA)
- Olympus E103 Stereo under chin headphone designed for transcribing human voice (3.5 mm L-Shaped stereo plug)
- DSS Player Standard – Transcription software for dictation transcribers (Windows) with interface to Dragon Speech Recognition (note: separate software license for DSS Player for Mac included, feature set varies to the Windows version)
- Audio typing foot pedal (RS28H) can also control other software applications which can be controlled via keyboard shortcuts such as VLC media player or MAXQDA media player
- Supports audio files from all Olympus dictation machines, but also from other manufacturers as long the particular audio format is supported.
So to recap
- Executive Communication Systems Infinity 3 USB Foot Pedal Control with Computer Plug In, one unit
This ergonomic Infinity foot pedal allows you to rest your foot comfortably while you are transcribing.
- Express Scribe Professional Transcription Foot Pedal bundle
Express Scribe is professional audio Transcription software for PC or Mac. Compatible with all Olympus Digital Voice Recorders, Philips Voice recorder, Sony voice Recorder and more.
- Olympus RS31H USB Foot Switch with 4 Pedal
The Olympus RS31H USB Foot Pedal with 4 Pedals – This Professional footswitch incorporates 4 buttons that easily control not only Olympus dictation management software (ODMS, DSS Player Standard, Sonority), but also your preferred third-party software. Doesn’t work with Dictation Version or different Brand softwares.
- Philips 7177 SpeechExec Transcription Set (LFH7177/03)
The new ergonomic design of the foot switch provides much more comfort; hands-free control of all playback functions with minimal physical strain. Lightweight under-chin stereo headphones with excellent sound quality and soft ear pads for increased comfort.
- Olympus AS-2400-U1 Transcription Kit – AS-2400-U1 with Foot Control and Headset
The basic transcription kit AS‑2400 guarantees a convenient transcription of audio files. The included 3 button USB foot pedal allows the user to control the DSS Player Standard software with his foot to have the hands free for fast typewriting.
You have chosen audio transcription as one of your services, now how do you effectively deliver that service? What foot pedal for transcription do you need?
As with any service you are trying to deliver you need the right tools to do the job. A carpenter needs woodworking tools, a painter needs a paintbrush, and a surgeon needs a scalpel, otherwise they are wasting their time. Likewise an audio transcriptionist, audio typist, or digital transcriber needs the correct tools too.
If you are offering transcription services such as medical transcription services or general digital transcription, you need to ensure you have the correct equipment such as a PC, an audio foot pedal so there is no foot fatigue, headphones to protect your hearing, and compatible transcription software to ensure you can carry out the work.
What is an audio transcription foot pedal?
A foot pedal is a piece of equipment designed to allow your foot to deliver the stop, start, rewind instructions directly through the audio transcription foot pedal. This allows your hands to remain focused on your keyboard, thereby allowing greater productivity.
When looking for the best foot pedals for your transcription services there are a few things you need to consider such as:
- Width of audio transcription pedal footplate
- Ant-slip features
- Lead length
- USB connection
- Software download
- Physical disc
- Customizable pedals
- Ergonomic design
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Plug & play
- Play/forward/rewind controls easily accessible from centerpiece
- USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 compliant
- Wireless connectivity
- Magnetic switch system
Do your research and you will find a suitable foot pedal.
Don’t want to use an audio transcription foot pedal?
How do you transcribe without a foot pedal? Do you need a foot pedal for transcription work? The simple answer is ‘no’, you do not need a foot pedal for transcribing, however, in our opinion, it will make life lot easier if you do use one. If you do not wish to use a foot pedal you will have to set up hotkeys on your computer keyboard to operate the functions with your hands (but that’s another article).
Best audio transcription foot pedals – Remember by using an audio transcription foot pedal you can easily access the forward, backwards and pause controls via your foot pedal which will greatly help with your productivity.