How do I grow my business and get more clients?
When you first started your business you spent a lot of time focusing on things such as who would use a Virtual Assistant or how do I become a remote worker. Then you spent a lot of time sourcing your first customer and building your brand. Now you have achieved that you want to know “how do I grow my business and get more clients?” Naturally you want to move things to the next level. Whether you are a one-man band or you have a team around you growing your business will take a lot of hard work and dedication – after all Rome wasn’t built in a day!
What can I do?
There is no big secret to how to grow your business but you could start by looking at the following ideas – and these are all ideas that don’t cost you anything to try out.
- Create an attractive and informative website – this is your shop window.
- Create an ‘elevator pitch’ – explain what your business is and what you can offer in two sentences.
- Always try to give the best customer service possible – a happy customer will continue to use your services.
- Go the extra mile and get to know your customers. Whether it is related to their business life or personal life (such as their birthday or if they are into skiing holidays) it is good to build a rapport with your customer.
- Look for exciting new opportunities. Listen to what your customers are saying and see if there is something that could be developed, such as a new service.
- Network – both online and face-to-face – keep talking to people, they will listen.
- Join forums and participate in conversations – don’t promote yourself, rather give advice. People will engage more with you if they feel they are appreciated.
- Offer to do something in your local community. Engage with local charities and see if you can provide some support to an event free of charge. This makes for good marketing but also makes you feel good too!
- Post on social media about your latest projects/achievements – have you reached a business milestone? Have you taken on an exciting project (obviously keeping client details private?) Shout it out loud and proud!
- Showcase your work on your website and social media.
- Ask for customer reviews and post them on your website or social media accounts – good testimonials will attract new customers.
If you want you can also look at using paid avenues of marketing such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, or advertising in relevant magazines. Why not offer discounts for a set period of time, or run a competition to win ‘two free hours work’. Just think outside the box and be prepared to spend time and effort building your business.
Let us know if you have tried to grow your business – what did you do?