How to find remote jobs on LinkedIn
How to find remote jobs on LinkedIn. Most of you know LinkedIn as a networking site for professionals but did you realise you can also apply for jobs using their search function?
LinkedIn is recognised as one of the biggest social media platforms with over 830 million users listed in 200+ countries and territories worldwide. 40% of those users interact daily on the platform clocking up a massive 1 billion interactions per month (correct as of 2022)
Jobs posted on LinkedIn tend not be posted/advertised on other platforms therefore there is less competition. Also, did you know that 64% of job seekers get hired through a referral? So by using your existing LinkedIn account you can apply for positions via LinkedIn Jobs and improve your chances of getting seen and hired through people you know.
Before you start searching for a job on LinkedIn
Before you start your job search take a few minutes and check that your profile is optimised for potential employers and search engines. A profile that contains good information and has been optimised correctly is more likely to result in opportunities.
Ensure your CV is up-to-date and lists the relevant information to match your current profile on LinkedIn.
Remember that potential employers may do some background checking and make direct approaches to different profiles, so our profile is your shop window.
Search for a job on LinkedIn
You have updated your profile, listed roles and responsibilities on your CV and are now ready to start searching for remote jobs on LinkedIn.
Within the ‘Jobs’ section you can filter for remote jobs, also known as ‘Work from Home’ (WFH) jobs. They have a dedicated section for remote working, so go get searching.
- To search for a remote job search for https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/
- Select the ‘Jobs’ icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select ‘Search Jobs’
- Enter keywords (for example PA, Teaching Assistant, Data Controller …..) or a specific company name if you know it. You can also enter ‘Remote Working’ to return a full list of ALL jobs listed as suitable for remote working.
- Enter a location in the location field from the dropdown menu.
- Select ‘Search’ and you will be presented with a selection of jobs matching your criteria.
- Use the filters options at the top of the search results page to filter the results.
- If there is nothing suitable you can switch on the ‘Job Alert’ toggle to be notified when new jobs become available.
- If there is something you like the look of then click the job posting to view the full job description. Select ‘Apply’ or else you can ‘save’ the job to review it at a later date.
That’s it – simple and straightforward.
Remember to ensure you have updated your profile to reflect your current qualifications, experience, job roles, etc.
LinkedIn Jobs is a straightforward, convenient way to apply for jobs. Use your existing profile to promote yourself and get seen by prospective employers.
Remember – you only get one chance to make a first impression!