Ever wondered what you need to do to set yourself up as a Virtual Assistant?
Check out the ‘Virtual Assistant startup guide’ below.
We have put together a ‘Virtual Assistant startup guide’ listing a range of areas that you should consider before going live. This will help you focus on areas of setting up and running your business before you accept that first client. From choosing your company name through to setting up your office, purchasing insurance and pricing your services, there is something there for everyone to consider.
Use the following list as a reference startup guide to allow you your dream of running your own business as a Virtual Assistant (Remote Worker) to become a reality.
So in no particular order here goes …
- Choose a business name
- Choose your business structure
- Write up a business plan – this will help you define goals
- Check out your competitors
- Identify your market
- Create a business website and email
- Create a brand for your business
- Use social media
- Perfect your elevator pitch – short, snappy two sentence pitch, around 60 seconds in length
- Select the most appropriate office space/working area
- Purchase correct specialist equipment to work on
- Buy suitable insurance – PLI, PPI, Income Protection, etc.
- Create a system to clearly record expenditure/income
- Register with HMRC or relevant government department in your country
- Retain the services of an accountant
- Open a business bank account
- Work out payment methods
- Work out payment terms
- Design templates/paperwork – contracts, invoices, terms & conditions, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Decide how to promote your business – marketing, paid advertising, etc.
- Check privacy rules in your country and register if required
- Register with appropriate organisations re services – bookkeeping, real estate, etc.
Phew – now you have done all that you can finally start to think about approaching potential clients – good luck everyone.
Can you think of anything else we could add to the list? Just drop us a line and let us know.