How to use an audio transcription foot pedal
Infinity 3 USB Digital foot pedal (IN-USB-3)
So you have decided on the Infinity 3 USB Digital foot pedal (IN-USB-3) – now how do you use it?
Let’s get connected!
The Infinity 3USB digital foot pedal has been built to operate on a Plug & Play basis. Simply plug it into a USB port on your PC or laptop and ta’da in a few minutes you are ready to go.
Note: If this is your first time using an audio transcription foot pedal you will require additional third-party software to access/transcribe your audio files. Instructions to follow.
Download and install software – I shall use Express Scribe as an example but the principal should be the same for other software.
- Download and install the latest version of Express Scribe (check for ‘free’ or ‘trial’ options)
- Choose an available USB port on your computer or laptop and plug in the USB from the foot pedal
- Select ‘Options’ in the Express Scribe toolbar in the main window, then select the ‘Pedals’ tab
- Select the option ‘Enable foot pedal controller’
- Click on ‘Controller setup wizard’, then click ‘Next’. Select your controller from the list of detected foot controls, then click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Next’ again to confirm your foot control.
- You will also be able to press down the pedals on your controller to test that they are operational.
- Once you have made your selections click the ‘Finish’ button to complete the wizard
If you wish to custom configure your controller left-click on any command in the window. You will be presented with a drop-down list where you can select what suits you.
The basic foot pedal defaults are set as:
- Middle – play
- Left – forward
- Right – rewind
Note: ‘Free’ and ‘trial’ software options generally have limitations. In order to access features such as the ability to transcribe video formats it may be necessary to upgrade/purchase a licence for your software. This does not affect the performance of your foot pedal.
Features of the Infinity 3 USB audio foot pedal
I have only covered the basics of setting up your foot pedal controller so you can get started quickly on your transcription work. When you have time you can explore the many features that come with the Express Scribe software such as creating ‘hotkeys’, adjusting the time for rewind/fast forward,
With its wide sculpted shape this foot pedal features a low-profile design and the flared base has been designed to add stability.
Weighing in at only 2.5lbs this foot-pedal is lightweight but still sturdy enough to remain in place ensuring you will always know where to place your foot. It is also robust enough for even the busiest of transcriptionists who require it for daily use.
The ergonomic design ensures the ‘play’ centrepiece can accommodate the larger foot size and also allows for easy foot swinging motions to the left/right controls which are positioned on both sides.
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Plug & play
- Ergonomic design
- Large sloping play centrepiece to accommodate the wider foot
- Play/forward/rewind controls easily accessible from centrepiece
- Excellent USB cable length of 2.3 metres (7.5ft)
- USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 compliant device
The Infinity 3 USB Digital foot pedal is strong and robust, ready to deal with the heaviest workload.
Its ergonomic design allows hands-free typing with all operations being directed through the foot pedal. The option to configure your pedal to your specification is a particularly helpful feature.
Now you can see why the Infinity 3 USB Digital foot pedal is one of the most popular transcription foot pedals on the market – happy transcribing.
If you have any questions on the foot pedal just let us now and we will see if we can answer them for you.